*

*
Poetry is just the evidence of life. If your life is burning well, poetry is just the ash. Leonard Cohen

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Two of Seven

Moderation packs his bags
along with the husband and kid
I am left here with Gluttony
She has been waiting
biding her time
She knows all too well
I will not resist her beckoning
We eye each other shyly at first
like long separated lovers
intimate, yet strangers
Then it begins as it always does
Urgent yearning
Ravenous reaching
Hungry, ferocious, gape mouthed grasping
Desirous devouring
Instinctual, insatiable appetite
I am voracious
I want more
more
MORE!
Finally it ends as it always does
Feeling sticky dirty
sick
with nothing left.
source

submitted for Imaginary Garden With Real Toads, Out of Standard with Izy, The Guilty Pleasure

12 comments:

Brian Miller said...

hahaha...ouch...that hurts to laugh a bit...too much in my belly right now...i met gluttony...and she has crippled me...

Isadora Gruye said...

A very timely confession in deed! I love you how narrate the tango between gluttony and the narrator! Thanks as always for participating! And viva la

Doctor FTSE said...

I can feel the overload!

Mrs.Trellis said...

A solitary surfeit of sweetness?! LOL

Kerry O'Connor said...

The personification of this particular vice worked very well.

JustRex said...

Oof! I'm so glad I behaved myself yesterday....

Helen said...

I managed to limit myself to one plate yesterday ... however we had four desserts and I sampled each! Here's to gluttony!!!

Helena said...

I'm needing more ingredients for my gluttony recipes as I age, I'm finding!!

Marian said...

so funny, you want some a this??? yum.

Margaret said...

Delicious, this "duel" of a poem. Fighting off cravings is indeed quite difficult. Everyone left yesterday for a walk and I was cleaning the kitchen... and eyeing the cherry pie... the cherry pie won.

Really, the way you phrased this poem can be taken as funny, of course, but for some it is a true nightmare.

J Cosmo Newbery said...

I can resist anything.

Except temptation.

Laurie Kolp said...

haha... quite unexpected, but not surprised...