*

*
Poetry is just the evidence of life. If your life is burning well, poetry is just the ash. Leonard Cohen

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Crossing Fences



“It's so hard to forget pain, but it's even harder to remember sweetness. We have no scar to show for happiness. We learn so little from peace.”
Chuck Palahniuk, Diary

Hear with our ears
Listen with our hearts
It’s only our minds
That  keep us apart
Can’t hear what you say
When you talk so loud
Got my ego in my ears
Acting too damn proud
image by SueAnn
To cross the fence
To compromise
Don’t mean I’m weak
It means I’m wise
Just cause I’m different
Don’t have to hate
Try to understand
Communicate


Break down the lies that
Separate us
Alienate us
Trash, berate us
You might not like
Everything I do
But still respect
My point of view
Why can’t I hold 
My own god dear
Without holding your 
God in fear?
In the end 
What's there to gain
by causing people 
So much pain?
So many scars
That never heal
How long before 
We just don't feel?

16 comments:

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Awesome, lolamouse! I especially love the lines about why cant we hold our own god dear without holding the other's in fear? Pretty much the basis of all wars.

Annelisa said...

As Sherry says - awesome! It's a really wonderful poem...Love it!

Peace to you and yours!

(A link to your post will be on "Peace Bloggers Unite" later)


Susie Clevenger said...

Why can’t I hold
My own god dear
Without holding your
God in fear?

Yes, why not? Love this piece Miss Mouse. :)

Unknown said...

Wow!

Travis Cody said...

Well said.

Peace to you and yours on this Blog Blast Day and in all the days to come.

Brian Miller said...

so much of what we allow to come between us is within our own ears....you really get into a rip with this as it goes on....great question as well right there in the middle...

Scarlet said...

Lovely message ~ I like respecting other's point of view..what's there to gain at the end ~

Kay L. Davies said...

A great message for peace. Communication is a very real key toward that end, isn't it?
K

Anonymous said...

fabulous!

Sam Jamieson said...

Great Poem!

not displayed said...

So powerful. I love it.

Laurie Kolp said...

Wonderful!

Kerry O'Connor said...

"Got my ego in my ears.." Wow! That says so much right there!

Helen said...

... among the best of the Peace Poems!!

JustRex said...

I liked it. Even if it did come across sounding like a rap song.

Helena said...

Our various Gods do tend to make us work like that! Simply brilliant, Lola!